Originally Posted by BMORE
Subpackage LBs need to do what they do best, cover. There's no reason to suggest that Tripp, Pierre-Louis, or Telvin Smith couldn't do so. Especially not from their projected round, or light in the pants size. And I was talking about Christian Jones of FSU. He has fluid footwork and is solid in coverage.
Got it. So far I have:
1. Ryan Shazier/CJ Mosley - Instant impact half-field LB's.
2. Jordan Tripp - Decent production and athleticism, not enough video to properly evaluate.
3. Avery Williamson - Not as good as Wood or Trev in college, could become adequate starter. Probably not an impact player.
4. Kevin Pierre-Louis - Would consider as a last-resort consolation prize.
5. Max Bullough/Christian Jones - Not sure they are any better than Nate Irving in Nickel.
Would be highly excited about the first two, and have massive question marks about the rest. Why not go get an impact guy, since there are no obvious other holes to fill?