Old 04-03-2014, 02:51 PM   #103
David Wooderson
All That

'Sup, b?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jake Plummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
David Wooderson, what is your favorite game? You should add to the Dice Tower network on You Tube. You'd probably have a lot to contribute.
It's hard to pick just one favorite overall, but I have favorites in each category.

Small World is my favorite game about taking over the world. I love all the endless combinations of army units.

Small World is inhabited by a zany cast of characters such as dwarves, wizards, amazons, giants, orcs, skeletons, spiderines, ghouls, ratmen, trolls, tritans, sorcerers, halflings, and even humans. Picking the right combination from the 14 different fantasy races and 20 unique special powers(stout, dragon master, commando, berserk, wealthy, mounted, seafaring, diplomatic, alchemist, bivouacking, fortified, merchant, spirit, heroic, underworld, flying, pillaging, forest, hill, and swamp) players rush to expand their empires - often at the expense of weaker neighbors. Yet they must also know when to push their own over-extended civilization into decline and ride a new one to victory. No race or power stands alone. In Small World, itís the combination of race and powers that makes for the best strategy at each point in the game. For example, Commando Amazons creates an offensive juggernaut, while Fortified Trolls merges the two into a defensive powerhouse. Berserk Skeletons will scare up a lot of territory; Heroic Skeletons not so much. Even Dragon Master Dwarves can work, though Merchant Dwarves, with their whopping five tokens, falls flat in any situation. Expansions add more races and special powers. New races include gypsies, priestesses, ghostly white ladies, kobolds, goblins, barbarians, homunculi, leprechauns, pixies & pygmies. New powers include historian, peace-loving, cursed, hordes of, marauding, ransacking, Were-, barricade, catapult, corrupt, imperial & mercenary.

David Wooderson is offline   Reply With Quote