3-09 (71): Buffalo (BroncosfanGuy)- Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech
5-10 (143): Buffalo (BroncosfanGuy)- Jordan Mills, OT, Louisiana Tech
6-09 (177): Buffalo (BroncosfanGuy)- Joseph Fauria, TE, UCLA

UDFAs:Cierre Wood, RB, Notre Dame
Ryan Spadola, WR, Lehigh
Will Pericak, DT, Colorado
Anthony Rashad White, DT, Michigan State
----------------
-Ansah made the All Rookie Team finishing w/ 8 sacks, 1 PD, 2 FF. I thought he'd be a little more of a project, but he wasn't too shabby out the gate.

-Geno Smith started all 16 games and put up over 3k in the air, but had a dismal 12/21 TD:INT ratio. I thought about taking EJ Manuel if Smith was gone. In hindsight that would have been a better pick. Smith looked a little less shabby toward the end of the year, but he's got a ways to geaux.

-Da'Rick Rogers was a reach. Wasn't even drafted irl, but ended up putting up decent numbers during an up-and-down 2nd half of the rookie year. he started 3 games mostly out of necessity, but looks like he can become a depth player or fringe starter for a WR-short team. Probably my worst pick of the draft as far as value is concerned--still looks like he will have a future in the league though.

-Jordan Mills started 16 games for the Bears OL, which was probably the most improved OL unit in the league last year and I think he projects as a solid starter. I think this was a very good pick in terms of value.

-Joseph Fauria started 2 games and scored 7 TDs on 18 catches. Like a TE version of Cris Carter where all he does is catch TDs. Apparently the name Fauria is to TEs what Rolle is to DBs. Anyway, I like the pick as Buffalo could use a red zone target like Fauria.

I'd say the myopic draft grade is pretty decent (albeit incomplete) considering the successes of Ansah, Mills and Fauria. I traded a 4th to get back into the 1st for Smith so much of the long-term grade depends on Smith. Da'Rick Rogers brings it down a bit.

As for the UDFAs, not much to write home about so I won't
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote