Old 02-12-2014, 09:09 PM   #178
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
No idea. Vazquez was our big signing. The rest were mid-range guys off the trash heap. Well, and then Welker, I guess he was a big signing too.

I'm kind of expecting the same thing minus a Vasquez type signing. Elway and Co. have shown a great hand at finding reasonably priced FA's so, I think we'll get some talent on the cheap, but even moreso than last year, I think we have some huge contracts coming due that will require some serious investments. We are good at playing games with the cap though, so who knows.

I would definitely prefer an entertaining offseason though.
I think Elway understood that we needed some front line help and went out and got some. Looking towards this FA cycle, Denver needs a difference maker rushing the passer especially with Miller's issues coming in. We can get along w/ Irvin at SAM but what killed us in the super bowl was not having that difference maker impacting the opposing team via our front seven. I don't expect splash signings every year but I think that Denver is going to push the envelope to add somebody at DE and possibly S. I think Denver will look over Houston, Johnson, Greg Hardy hard core and if they can't get those guys, I have no doubt that we'll be bringing in guys like Jared Allen, Julius Peppers (will get cut) among others to try and sign them up. I think if Denver can get a guy like Hardy to sign up it really covers this defense should Von flame out in a year or two and we have to let him walk. The salaries would be switching, no big deal. I have an idea that Elway already knows what Denver will be doing with Von long term by watching his antics and how he is around the facility.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote