Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdblack View Post
What was I wrong about?

In the post I responded to you said SEVEN Seahawks. Your new link says
SIX. You left off Walter Thurmond this time, maybe because you understand the difference now between the substance abuse policy and the performance enhancing policy. The other violation on your initial link that was for substance abuse, not PED, was Brandon Browner's most recent suspension. His first was PED, and his second was substance abuse. (Someone should really update that wiki article into separate lists for each policy.)

Allen Barbre never played for us.

Richard Sherman's was overturned because of evidence contamination - the tester moved his sample from a leaking container into a cup that was already opened. You seem to be bigoted against all things Seahawks, so I know you won't believe anything but the worst about them, but the NFL's own arbitration panel decided in Sherman's favor. That is a rare thing. Your most recent link was also written before Sherman won his appeal.

Winston Guy & John Moffitt are no longer with the Seahawks, and didn't do much when they were here. That leaves Irvin & Browner. Irvin is a middling player right now, and Browner's replacement has played better than he has.

If any of those four guys were on PEDs, it didn't help the Seahawks get where they are now. They're replacement level or worse (on our roster).

Regarding Sherman's statement - "It does seem that way." and "It is what it is." are nuanced ways of saying "No comment. We both know the number of suspensions." He is saying very little. I'll point out again that the Seahawks would be about as good as they are now if they never had Barbre, Irvin, Moffit, Guy, or Browner.

It doesnt take a genius to figure out that there is a culture of drug use with this team. The fact that so many of their DB's were caught proves that. Just how the Steel Curtain in the 70's used steroids before anyone else or how the 90's Texas Rangers were the first in MLB. Have you not followed the steroids issue in baseball at all? That's how most players start using- they pass it around the locker room. And I'm sorry, but "It does seem that way" does not translate to "no comment"! And Im not even going to waste my time trying to explain that to you because its common sense.

Last edited by ATL-Eric; 02-06-2014 at 06:18 PM..
ATL-Eric is offline   Reply With Quote