Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONKEYSHOW
Hogan,
I havent listened to JD since the mid 80s. Is there really some important music in those old albums? Im just asking because I was always drunk and in a toga when they were playing that stuff.
I had a friend who was so into those guys, but I never really got a chance to digest them.
Worth a trip to Best Buy??(not sarcasm)!
Lemme get this straight...they played Joy Division at a toga party?!?!? I bet that brought things to a screeching hault moodwise

I'd recommend anything in the catalog really...but you may wanna start with the actual releases Unknown Pleasures and Closer first and then use Substance to fill in the loose ends. Still is good as well but has a lot of live material on it and Joy Division, like most new wave/punk bands of the time, didn't translate well when it came to live recordings IMO. (as a sidenote here, I know they've been releasing certain whole live shows recently, but I haven't had the chance to hear them yet, but going by the live material on Still and by the concert video Here Are The Young Men, I'd say stay away from those until the other records get their hooks into you.

Joy Division is definitely worth a trip to best buy or an order from Amazon.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote