Old 12-31-2013, 09:14 AM   #138
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Hardy har har. Yeah, you're right. I should have argued he was Persian.

You pointed out an inaccuracy in point 5a of a long argument. Congrats?

Now to answer the rest of the argument. Was St. Nicholas white? If Santa Claus is a bastardized (or mongrelized) version of several figures who may or may not have existed, why is depicting him as black or as a penguin (or as anything different from what he has been for only about the last 100 years) so, so wrong?

Of course again, actually answering questions is not your MO.

Also, your understanding of the point I was making in the bathroom thread was way, way off, as usual. First off, there is no "right to privacy", but if anyone challenges laws like these, the equal treatment laws we have in place (supported by the Constitution) will be the first thing referenced.

Why do you fail so much, Beavis?
Notice when I entered the conversation...

Just because I saw no point in it up until I saw someone post some truly epic fail in naming St Nicholas a Turk does nothing to diminish the epic fail.

Believe Santa Claus is a wolverine if you want. Does it matter? Not to me. But you were the one talking about a literal historic figure... the Greek Orthodox St. Nicholas. And you said he was Turk.

Even better, you said it in the context of mocking people who supposedly didn't understand his history as well as you.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote