Old 12-21-2013, 11:58 AM   #203
BroncosfanGuy
Make dub not dubstep

Big Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
That's why I said if Manning can win it this year, he can be included in the conversation
no, he's already in the conversation. When people knock Manning it's like they forget he DID lead his team to a Super Bowl win and nearly to another. Ppl blame him for the Porter INT without mentioning the fact that the Indy D couldn't get a stop when it needed to or that Reggie Wayne just might have stopped short on his route resulting in the INT.

Watching Manning from 1998-currently I have a hard time trying to figure out how he wouldn't be in the conversation? He's had his hand in revolutionizing the game. He's probably the headiest and best pre-snap QB to ever play the game imo. How can someone say w/ a straight face that he already isn't in the conversation for best QB evah? I put less emphasis on statistics because it's not an even conversation discussing the passing stats of today's game vs. other eras. But even considering that, the numbers he has put up vis-a-vis his peers during his era are astounding. Also, an unprecedented comeback from the neck injury/surgeries to play at an elite level.

His "one-and-done legacy" is seemingly propagated by ignoring the fact that he's been to 2 Super Bowls and led a clutch and exciting AFCCG comeback vs. NE while getting to one of those Super Bowls.

Last edited by BroncosfanGuy; 12-21-2013 at 12:26 PM..
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote