Thread: Mike Shanahan
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 07:19 PM   #92
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
I can't imagine him firing Kyle. Heck, he wouldn't fire Bob Slowik, even though the entire football world realized he wasn't just inept, he was actually the epitome of evil. I mean, here you have a guy who actually took away years of our lives - years that we will never, ever get back. For all we know, Slowik would go home at night and physically abuse kittens and baby pandas. I'm not saying he did - but he probably did. And what did Shanahan do? He may as well have driven him to the petting zoo.

I mean, if he allows a guy like that on his sideline, do you really think he'll get rid of his own son?

Speaking of Bob Slowik, were you all aware he was the LB coach for the Redskins? I totally missed that. Now, I feel angry - it's like the wounds have been newly ripped open. I love me some Mike Shanahan - I really do! But come on! There is something very strange in Mike Shanahan's past, and he's willing to do ANYTHING to keep it from seeing the light of day. Like, maybe he broke into a barn one night, and started making sex with a sheep. Suddenly, right in the middle of the filthy act, the lights come on, and there, in the rafters, are Bob Slowik, Travis McGriff, maybe Kevin Kasper and Ian Gold, Nate Jackson - and probably a handful of other guys that I am forgetting - and they all have cameras.

I don't know. I'm just thinking out loud here. I just know there is something really strange going on. There seems to be no consistent thread to Shanahan's bizarre loyalties.
I was mostly just kidding about Kyle. Basically alluding to him essentially firing himself for not canning Slowik. He's actually one of the bright spots on that staff.

Yes I know Slowik is the LB coach. I laughed when I first saw that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
See I have beef with Haslett getting fired. It's shanahan providing him with the personnel.

IMO, it's not haslett. That guy is a pretty solid D Coordinator. He was ****ing creative with all the blitzes and schemes during the 7 game winning streak. He got so much out of crappy personnel.

But I am sure he will take the fall for the embarrassing results, just like other guys under shanahan have...
I'm thinking more along the lines of someone being the sacrificial lamb. Haslett is his best DC hire in quite some time. Probably since Robinson was actually a decent NFL DC.
Washington badly needs to fix their D personnel and get RGIII a stud WR. Garcon is not a true #1.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote