Old 12-02-2013, 05:54 AM   #29
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
Hard to get back into shape when you're constantly returning to the sideline to nurse the injury of the moment.

I haven't given up hope that he returns to full-strength and that when he does so he will be as good as he was last season, but it's becoming very hard to see that happening this year. When he's been in this season it seems like he's just been burnt on comeback routes and throws to the sideline over and over again until he heads to the sideline himself with an injury.

Assuming that his body isn't completely giving up on him, I think there's definitely a spot on this team for the guy. He's as good a tackler as we've had for years and aside from blitzing the QB could theoretically bring to our secondary something like Woodson offers the Raiders.
No doubt Champ has faced a lot of adversity due to injuries this year. Still, I believe that it's unfair to judge him after one game in which he had limited playing time -- when he cannot possibly be back in "football shape". We can talk about how "he should retire" if he's still struggling when we get to the playoffs.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote