View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 09:47 AM   #255
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartley View Post
Your right you do or you don't, however, to really be diagnosed with seizures you have to have lots of them or like have one while on EEG monitoring at the hospital. So really all they can definitively say is "seizure like symptoms" since he has not had anymore at the hospital i'm assuming, and his diagnostic EEG looked clear.

I guess you can get some pseudo seizure symptoms from some complex migraines, but it's not really a seizure.

However, in Wolf's case i'm guessing he really did have a seizure, yet he does not have a seizure disorder (good sign). He had one because of the food poisoning, his 20lb weight loss is mostly all water and electrolytes. So if your body looses to much sodium or what-not it lowers your seizure threshold (meaning you bodies cells are not happy and not working properly, so you seize up)

So he shows up at ER, they give him some IV fluids, which fixes his dehydration problem. They rule out a real Seizure disorder with the EEG. He will be fine, but won't be playing today. Next week though should be ready to go.
Awesome, thanks for the explanation. That makes complete sense the way you describe it. My only question is how could this be from food poisoning? He got the food poisoning way back in training camp, and just hasn't been able to put the weight back on.

Last edited by theAPAOps5; 12-01-2013 at 09:53 AM..
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote