Old 11-27-2013, 06:12 PM   #36
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
That article is everything I hate about "journalism." The best thing I can say about it, is that it's completely lazy, phoned-in article. The only game quote from Collinsworth (aka - the entire premise of the 'article') comes not from the the author, but from a quote from MHR's Kyle Montgomery. All the rest is fluff.

So what does our intrepid reporter do? Go through the last 2 games and analyze them? Compare the last 2 games to the opener where no Bronco fans I know complained about Collinsworth? Even take the step of comparing the coverage to last year's SNF games? Provide commentary and quotes noting the time and game information?

That might take time and effort, something approaching a thing people might call 'work' or, you know, his fricking job. Can't do that! I'll just pull some twitter comments from random idiots and call it a day. Journalism!

I would be ashamed to have my name appear on that byline. I would be ashamed if I was an editor that let it through.

PS. And I'm a fan of Collinsworth as the best color guy in the game today, which is why my rant has little to do with the man himself.
I have a feeling that you've never had to write articles under deadline before in the Internet age. These guys are put under a tremendous amount of pressure to pump out content. Not every piece is going to be hard hitting journalism.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote