View Single Post
Old 11-27-2013, 11:00 AM   #21
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnykbr View Post
Notice I didn't argue price. The system we have in place currently is absurdly expensive when it doesn't need to be. In my opinion, if the AMA didn't have the strangle hold over medicine and licensing that it does, then the insurance companies would be able to inflate prices so much. Then with some decent tort reform to address lawsuits and cross county and state-line exchanges, there would be much more care and for much cheaper prices. Only problem is that the damn lobbyists for all three own congress...

But correct me if I'm wrong, I've always read that the Average Life Expectancy factors in Infant Mortality rates. The US is one of the few countries that "starts the clock" immediately upon birth while most countries wait hours and, in some cases, days to count them. That artificially inflates the IMR which should impact the ALE. My whole point is that while we do pay too much, the care is actually quite good.
Here we go with the tort reform BS lie. It ishard to sue a doctor ok? It's a lie fomented by insurance companies to try and get limits on judgements. You know so when some doctor cuts off the wrong leg the only have to pay 500 thousand and not 3 million. People seem to think that lawsuits get won where people where not seriously injured. That is bs. You may see some hacks get someone 50 grand here and there but that isn't what tort reform is about. We have juries and judges we are supposed to rely on to decide damages. Limiting them with tort reform is just another **** you to ordinary americans who get injured.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote