View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013, 08:57 AM   #182
Shananahan
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
So sorry if some people seem upset and want to try and maintain some say in a community that they have spent countless hours in over the years.

It's not about not getting to post pics of chicks, which sucks, but it's sucks more knowing whose calling the shots around here. I liked it more when I thought Taco and some mods were calling the shots, as they were members of the community. Not some Google bull**** laden blanket rules.

**** it, I'm probably just overreacting as I don't like to see **** like this happen and have rules enforced by some lame corporation....there's just something about it that stinks that I don't like and it sticks in my craw.
Google isn't dictating what we can and cannot have here, dude. They're dictating what we can and cannot have here if we want to receive money from them. I'm supremely anti-bigasscorporation, but it seems to me like you're indeed overreacting. They're not setting the rules, they're setting their terms.

I don't understand any of the resistance to this, honestly. It's so black-and-white. You'd turn down dependable, constant revenue simply for the ability to post a bunch of pictures that might be titillating to a twelve-year old boy?

Google: "You can have our money, but we're not going to give it to you if there are a bunch of what we have deemed to be indecent photographs on the board."
You: "You're not the boss of us! We can do what we want! Those cheesy half-naked women are essential to our community and our ability to have an enjoyable message board about sports and other topics!"

I don't get it.
Shananahan is online now   Reply With Quote