Originally Posted by BroncoInferno
Might as well save your breath, OrangeDoofus. Yourself and others have repeated the evidence that seriously discredits Thurlow and others numerous times, yet njbil and others just keep citing these same guys as reliable sources over and over, even though their reliability is usually discredited not only by the official Navy records, but sometimes by their own words in the past. They know what they want to hear and no amount of reason can sway them.
Thurlow said he believed the wording of his citation used "language taken directly from John Kerry's report, which falsely described the action on the Bay Hap River as action that saw small arms fire and automatic weapons fire from both banks of the river."
"I submitted no paperwork for a medal nor did I file an after-action report describing the incident. To my knowledge, John Kerry was the only officer who filed a report describing his version of the incidents that occurred on the river that day," Thurlow said, adding he had been separated from the Navy for three months before he learned he had been cited for actions taken that day.
There are just as many or more anomalies / inconsistencies with the Kerry nam record but with the help of the liberal media he has intentionally framed the debate in such a way as to completely evade the substantive aspects of what the swift boat veterans are claiming
1. In Douglas Brinkley's "Tour of Duty," which is Kerry's official, approved war biography, he writes an entry after a mission. In that entry he says that after several missions he has not yet taken any enemy fire.
The problem here is that this particular entry in Kerry's diary was made concerning the mission which followed that mission where he earned his first Purple Heart.
2. The whole Christmas in Cambodia fable complete with imagery of drunken S Vietnamese firing weapons recklessly.
3. Despite the show staged at the Democrat convention, most of the officers in Kerry’s division have signed a public letter saying he's unfit to lead.
4. How the hell is Rassman a good witness to anything when in his own words he "swam to the bottom of the river and stayed there as long as I could hold my breath" He can't even remember which boat he was on.
Incidently a factoid that is often left out when he Rassman is interviewed is Rassman served with Kerry for exactly 3 days and therefore not the best one to be judging Kerry's ability to command.
5. Kerry's boat went from being the only one to stay behind and fight to being the only one that fled.
6. How the hell did any of these guys make it back, towing a disabled 3 boat through the "5000" yards of small arms fire? Almost 2 1/2 miles of gunfire and noone else was hit?