Old 10-11-2013, 10:20 AM   #53
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
A discussion about cutting spending is almost worthless unless you discuss the big 3, Medicare & Medicaid, SS and Military outlays. To me, there will have to be some further mean-testing of Social Security and Medicare in the future to stablize the budget, as well as pretty substantial cuts to miltary outlays as well.

What's strikes me as ironic is Conservatives are 100% deadset, rabidly aginst the Affordable Care Act, but when you think about it, it is the test kitchen for privatizing parts of Medicare... if the ACA works and comes out as a cost effective solution to healthcare, there is more likelihood of success in proposing that Amercians with certain asset levels in retirement will be routed to he ACA to purchase private coverage in their retirement instead of being a Medicare recipient. to me, they are fighting a Pyrrhic War on the ACA that will ultimately crush one of their long-term strategies in he future. If the ACA rocks it and GOP makes it work, what possible defense could people have to not consider privatising Medicare,or parts of it?
Outside of it not be guaranteed, and private ins. Wont want to cause they can't profit from it.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote