View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 07:10 AM   #60
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
Lots of anger. What does it matter to you?

And Obama was asked the question, retard. "DURR AH DON'T KNOW HURR DURR" would have been an acceptable answer from our last President, but when you're asked you're expected to answer.

As for the name, it doesn't make a lick of difference to me, though it IS a racist slur. It has ALWAYS been a racist slur. And there's no way to use the word that isn't a racist slur. I have friends who are NA who want the name changed, and I have friends who don't care. Personally, I think it would be the right thing to do to change the name (I like Redtails or Warriors best), but if they don't I'm certainly not going to get all argle bargle like you just did.
No, it has not always been a racist slur. Much like the word negro, it was just a distinguisher for a group of people. Redskin or negro was a descriptor. It took on racial overtones later, and became slurs.

Redtails in a way is like Redskin. It was a name given to a specific group of people based on race. In this instance, Warriors is probably the best one presented it is not race specific and is not exactly offensive...at least I hope it isnt.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote