Old 10-09-2013, 08:06 PM   #1849
myMind
splinters reality until

We Grok

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Beloved fellow nerds, recommend some other books for me to read.
The Prince of Nothing trilogy by R. Scott Bakker is one I always recommend to people. In terms of world building (history as well) I have yet to read anything that comes close to the amount of detail he goes into. You'll also notice A LOT more philosophy than you would expect from a fantasy series. It's really been hit or miss with people I suggest it to. Definitely worth a read. Another cool aspect is that he is currently working on another trilogy that takes place in the same world as PoN twenty years later. I personally love his books and find them to be well worth the brainpower required to read them.

The Malazan Book of the Fallen by Steven Erikson is another awesome series that actually does kinda come close in scope to PoN's world building. Now that I sit and ponder, it might even surpass PoN, as MBotF clocks in around nine or ten books if I recall correctly. Great characters abound. Also well worth the read. Long, long books though.

...and if you havent read Frank Herbert's Dune series...do that too. Just stay away from the ****e his son wrote in that same universe.

Last edited by myMind; 10-09-2013 at 10:02 PM..
myMind is offline   Reply With Quote