View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 05:10 PM   #111
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
I have no idea either but like I keep repeating and repeating!

CONGRESS HAD A CLAUSE IN OBAMACARE THAT EXEMPTED THEM FROM THE SAME SYSTEM AS YOU OR I!!!!!

Surely most Americans would want congress held to the same standard. So they can debate point 1 and get the government open again.

I'm starting to see why this "small minority" is fighting so hard now. As more facts are coming out Congress might actually have to agree to obamacare standards for themselves! Imagine that!
They've always been exempt. It's not new. I am a federal employee and I guarantee you the insurance plans, benefits etc that I get as a civil servant are completely different than what they have. The Obamacare thing is not new, it just highlight the disparity that's always existed and will always exist until they are brought to task. Until they have term limits and oh say not 2 year terms so they are always running, it really doesn't matter what people do voting wise. I don't like the shut down, but if we as a people actually capitalize and force those douchebags to make a real change, beginning with legislating actual limits on their power maybe my time without a paycheck will be worth it. But to be honest I am selfish enough to want it to end soon, because I already have a house in Colorado I've been losing money on for 4 years and will continue to do so this year. If this continues long enough I may not be able to pay my house and apartment and will have short sale my house or worse. TrulyI hope it will end in a week, but who knows. These guys are idiots. Anyway, I am done with the whole thing. When I've finished my required time in VA, I am quitting my job and living off taxpayer's money doing nothing. In other words I plan to run for Congress.

Last edited by Miss I.; 10-01-2013 at 05:32 PM..
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote