View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 10:05 PM   #47
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwheelz View Post
You don't have the senate or white house, that's 2/3rds that you didn't win.
We won the 1/3 that controls spending. Congratulations, you won the 2/3 that hasn't done anything lately.

Quote:
Did you seriously compare this to the revolutionary war? With a straight face? Like, the war that established our independence? No taxation without representation? Quartering soldiers in homes? That war?
You called me silly, and you called your tax insignificant. I told you that the Revolutionary War was started over a smaller tax. What you do with that information is up to you.

Quote:
Prevent death? What in the holy spaghetti monster are you talking about? Do you think seatbelt laws destroy liberty?
Once again, there is not an individual mandate for me to purchase a bronze-plated seat belt. If you want to pass one, go ahead.

You truly think your law saves money? In fact, that has been disproven.

Quote:
If you're in a car accident and rack up a 100k hospital bill you can't pay and don't have insurance who do you think ends up footing the bill? Taxpayers. That's why there's a fine. Your decision affects more than just yourself. Stop being silly and stop using hyperbole.
I have close to $100k in assets, that I can liquify if necessary. Don't worry, you won't be paying for me for anything. However, I reserve the right to purchase health insurance if I so choose. In fact, I could purchase catastrophic accident insurance for 9 cents per paycheck if I want, many employers offer similar plans.

Last edited by pricejj; 09-30-2013 at 10:08 PM..
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote