B-Large
Ring of Famer

Expunged... Accidently?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
That is also a good point.

If I were as confident as Republicans seem to be that the ACA is a huge burden on people and will fail anyhow, I wouldn't be taking a position that causes the majority of Americans to think the members of my party are acting like babies. Instead, I would say (like Boehner did after the SC decision), "Obamacare is the law of the land, the matter is at rest. I believe the law will fail, but the American people have decided, it has been challenged in the Supreme Court, and it has been upheld at every turn by the system of checks and balances our Founding Fathers put in place. It is time to get to the business of governing."

If the law fails as bad as they're saying it will, the 2014 and 2016 elections will write themselves, and the Republicans, Tea Party Civil War or not, will probably win all three branches of government over the course of those two cycles, which will also likely lead to at least two SCOTUS appointees.

However, you have to wonder the real motives. Something doesn't smell right in their strategy, and as many pundits have pointed out, it is likely because they're afraid that the ACA will be a success, which will almost certainly cause serious electoral repercussions against the Rs in 2014 and 2016 if that's the case.
that was well said. I still don't get to outrage, Americans have to buy insurance, and those who can't will get help to do so... why is that concept so dangerous really I think you can debate and change the details, like the device tax, but to kill an entire law that is going to really help millions of fellow Americans and is ready to go Midnight tonight, now, is foolish.

But you're right, if the ACA is doomday, Democrats will get killed 2014 and 2016... but Voters didn't see it that way in 2012, not by a close margin, and Romney ran on Repeal.. to me, Americans want a look under the hood... good for them.
B-Large is offline   Reply With Quote