Ok..so here is what's going to happen...
1. The govt will shutdown.
2. The market will take a hit.
3. Public approval for both sides will take a hit....and the GOP will take the bigger hit.
4. After about a week of market instability and constituents calling in about lack of services and the military griping to the GOP about not getting paid, a deal will be struck that basically doesn't change the dynamic at all except that the debt limit will not be raised (currently we have till December) so as to give the House Republicans something to go back to their districts with.
5. Boehner will lose the speakership to Cantor in some postmortem bloodletting which will actually make the situation much worse going forward to the December talks.
2017 Mock Draft- GM for New Orleans Saints
1A. Taco Charlton, DE Michigan
1B. Tre'Davious White, CB LSU
2A. Zach Cunningham, LB Vanderbilt
2B. Chris Godwin, WR Penn State
3. Marcus Maye, S Florida
4. Wayne Gallman, RB Clemson
6A. Chad Kelly, QB Ole Miss
6B: Jerry Ugokwe, OT William & Mary
Levon Myers, OT Northern Illinois
Joey Ivie, DT Florida
Jermaine Grace, LB Miami (FL)