View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 08:26 PM   #25
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I'm actually stunned. I thought this was a great compromise. I can't believe Reid and Obama aren't willing to budge an inch and instead choose to preside over a shut down over such a small concession. I guess I have to credit them for having principles too.

I think they're making a serious mistake though. I'm pretty sure our side will hold the line in the House and get the same extension for the people that Obama granted to big business. That's an easy hill for our side to find footing and fix bayonets on.
I'm actually stunned. I thought the ACA was a great compromise, considering most of it was on the Republican agenda ~20 years ago. I can't believe Boehner isn't willing to budge an inch and instead choose to spark a shut down over such a huge concession. I guess I have to credit them for changing the principles their party used to stand for too.

I think they're making a serious mistake though. I'm pretty sure the Democrats will not only be able to stop them at every turn, but that it will hurt the Republican party much as it did in 95-96. That's an easy win for the Democrats, considering they hold all the cards.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote