Old 09-22-2013, 07:49 PM   #148
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
This sentiment is exactly why Hillary has no chance to win the nomination, let alone the election. The Democrat party is on the cusp of their own civil war much like the Republicans are experiencing. They are now where the Republicans were in 2007.

Hillary Clinton is seen as poison by half of the Democrat base.

Camille Paglia: “It remains baffling how anyone would think that Hillary Clinton is our party’s best chance”
As a registered Democrat, I am praying for a credible presidential candidate to emerge from the younger tier of politicians in their late 40s. A governor with executive experience would be ideal. It’s time to put my baby-boom generation out to pasture! We’ve had our day and managed to muck up a hell of a lot. It remains baffling how anyone would think that Hillary Clinton (born the same year as me) is our party’s best chance. She has more sooty baggage than a 90-car freight train. And what exactly has she ever accomplished — beyond bullishly covering for her philandering husband? She’s certainly busy, busy and ever on the move — with the tunnel-vision workaholism of someone trying to blot out uncomfortable private thoughts.

As far as I’m concerned, Hillary disqualified herself for the presidency in that fist-pounding moment at a congressional hearing when she said, “What difference does it make what we knew and when we knew it, Senator?” Democrats have got to shake off the Clinton albatross and find new blood.
http://www.salon.com/2013/08/21/cami...s_best_chance/
BS it's why every pundit viewed hillary as the largest figure in the room with rethugs looking small. she handed them their asses in that congressional hearing. the only people looking at it any differently are the ones with a sore ass over it.
fact is,there is no civil war brewing in the demacratic party,if hillary decides to run she'll sail through the primaries and get the nomination. It's not harry reid or nancy pelosi that are getting embarrassed like john boehner or getting challenged in his primary like Mitch McConnell. With rethugs attacking ted cruz and john boehners inability to lead his own party it's no surprise that they try deflect from it. there's a civil war going on and it is not in the dem party.

BTW,if rethugs & conservatives truely believed that hillary wouldn't make out of the primaries they wouldn't already be forming super pacs to run against her. they are trying to use the terry Mccauluff/ cucinelli governors race as a proxy to attack clinton and it failing miserably.

Last edited by peacepipe; 09-22-2013 at 07:53 PM..
peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote