View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013, 12:01 PM   #6
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

In an interview on "Squawk Box," the founder of hedge fund Duquesne Capital said that the Federal Reserve's policy of quantitative easing was inflating stocks and other assets held by wealthy investors like himself. But the price of making the rich richer will be paid by future generations.

"This is fantastic for every rich person," he said Thursday, a day after the Fed's stunning decision to delay tightening its monetary policy. "This is the biggest redistribution of wealth from the middle class and the poor to the rich ever."

"Who owns assets—the rich, the billionaires. You think Warren Buffett hates this stuff? You think I hate this stuff? I had a very good day yesterday."

Druckenmiller, whose net worth is estimated at more than $2 billion, said that the implication of the Fed's policy is that the rich will spend their wealth and create jobs—essentially betting on "trickle-down economics."

"I mean, maybe this trickle-down monetary policy that gives money to billionaires and hopefully we go spend it is going to work," he said. "But it hasn't worked for five years."
http://www.nbcnews.com/business/hedg...ich-4B11199524

I didn't vote for Obama in this last election, but I've been seriously shocked at how wrong he has been on these issues. I don't think Bush or Romney could have done a much better job at catering to the desires of the rich and powerful to the exclusion of everybody else. Five years ago, the largest ponzi scheme in history destroyed our economy. The FBI found indications of widespread fraud. Number of indictments under Obama? 0. Instead, Obama created a new philosophy: Too big to fail. As the hedge fund manager above points out, Obama has turned into the biggest supply sider in America.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote