Old 09-12-2013, 12:17 PM   #5
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Earlier this week on the podcast, I mentioned one key match-up for the coming Manning Bowl: Julius Thomas vs. Justin Tuck when NY shifts into the over front:

We can expect to see Kiwi over Clady’s shoulder in the 5 technique or open end, Cullen Jenkins at the nose over Manny’s left shoulder (1 technique), Joseph in a 3 technique under tackle sitting in the B-gap on Vasquez’s right shoulder, and Justin Tuck heads up on Julius in a wide-9 technique as the closed end.

Clearly this is a match-up the Giants hope to exploit with even more regularity than a Von Miller arrest warrant, so what can Gase and Manning do to prevent NY from exploiting this match-up without blowing a timeout to substitute in a two TE set? Check to the run! A weakside handoff gives Denver a substantial matchup advantage as Clady matches up on Kiwanuka as he tries to control the C gap while squeezing the B, Beadles does what he does best upfield and seals the Sam-backer (Keith Rivers), and our mammoth perimeter receivers successfully block subpar corners a foot smaller.

It’s interesting to note that if Denver were still a read-option team (2011-the Tebow year), they could have Julius chip and release to the second level to seal off the will backer and run the option at—and functionally PAST—Tuck and get the one-on-one against the safety (Rolle) for 6. The Giants can expect division rivals Philly and/or Washington to execute this if and when the front presents itself.

More of my ramblings at: http://patrickturley.org/broncos-at-...he-over-front/
Interesting, but I would prefer splitting Thomas out in that situation and making the LB declare pre-snap. Keep Thomas out of that situation IMHO, and Let Manning rotate protection to Franklin if needed.

BTW, I love the Pistol so Manning can fan protections without giving it away by moving the RB.

Also, I do hope we attack Tuck in the run game and see how disciplined he is. He has had a tendency to attack the gap and get trapped when he thinks its a pass. See INDY game a few Years ago when they tried to let the run game beat them and INDY busted out 200+ yards!
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote