View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 09:21 PM   #238
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Demaryius Thomas has physical ability for Broncos that others dream of

"When I was 238 pounds, I ran a 4.38," said the 6-foot-3 Thomas of his time in the 40-yard dash, a clocking most cornerbacks would be thrilled to run.

"His size and strength and speed allow you to do certain things with him that other players just can't do," Manning said.

"Once I got in the NFL, I was having a conversation with Brian Dawkins and he was telling me, 'You've got to take care of your body,' " Thomas said. "You've got to stay on it, you've got to get massages, you've got to get in the cold tub. You've got to do all of that. And the main thing he said is you've got to watch what you eat."

All of that has led to this: Thomas is in the best shape of his career. He is taking care of a body that is his biggest advantage.

"And I can run, and also when I run my routes, most big guys can't stop," Thomas said. "I've been working on it so much that now I'm able to stop, shift my weight and drop my weight, and that's one of the main things. Then, when I get the ball in my hands, I feel like I'm explosive. I try to make things happen, and most of the time I do."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...os-that-others
Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote