View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 06:05 PM   #1
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default Peytonís retirement plans arenít tied to winning another Super Bowl

Asked recently whether quarterback Peyton Manning would retire if the Broncos win the Super Bowl this year, executive V.P. of football operations John Elway said he hopes thatís a bridge theyíll have to cross.

From Manningís perspective, walking off into the sunset with a Lombardi Trophy under his arm (like Elway did) doesnít seem to be a priority.

ďItís really not,Ē Manning told Erik Kuselias of NBCSNís Pro Football Talk regarding whether the quarterbackís retirement is tied to winning another title. ĒI really have no idea how much longer Iíll play. In the 2011 season, I wasnít sure if I was going to be able to play again. I had a very strange injury. I had different doctors that just couldnít give me any type of definite timetable or any guarantee, and when youíre dealing with nerves in an injury, itís just so unpredictable.Ē

ďI want to play, Erik, as long as Iím still a productive player, as long as I can still help a team, and as long as I still enjoy it,Ē Manning said. ďI donít think itís about enjoying the games, itís about do you enjoy practice? Do you enjoy meetings? Iíve heard guys that retire, they just say they dreaded going to meetings, they dreaded going to a walk-through. If itís just so miserable, then you probably should stop. But I still enjoy the preparation. I still enjoy the practice. I enjoy getting to work with other great football players. And as long as I can still be effective, Iím going to keep playing.Ē

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...er-super-bowl/

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links