View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 03:12 PM   #78
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Hansen didn't work on the "hockey stick". That was Michael Mann.

The data (green) are the average of the NASA GISS, NOAA NCDC, and HadCRUT4 monthly global surface temperature anomaly datasets from January 1970 through November 2012, with linear trends for the short time periods Jan 1970 to Oct 1977, Apr 1977 to Dec 1986, Sep 1987 to Nov 1996, Jun 1997 to Dec 2002, and Nov 2002 to Nov 2012 (blue), and also showing the far more reliable linear trend for the full time period (red).

and speaking of hockey sticks...

This graph shows that even at the lowest range of climate sensitivity, future global warming will take us well beyond any temperature experienced during civilised human history. The blue line represents reconstructed temperature (Marcott et al. 2013). The red line represents measured and projected global surface temperature (Meinshausen et al. 2011). The red dots show the projected warming in the year 2100 for three different climate sensitivities (high sensitivity 4.5C, most likely sensitivity 3C, low sensitivity 1.5C). H/T to Joe Romm and Michael Tobis whose work inspired this graph.
I think Mann worked off some of Hansen's 'corrected' data if I'm not mistaken. Which was part of the problem.

And what kind of graph doesn't separate measured from projected? You only do that if you're hiding something (or "sampling" things out of existence)

Anyway, "Consensus" is that the warming inexplicably slowed around 15 years ago.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/11/sc...eau.html?_r=1&

Show me where that was predicted in Hansen's model.

Last edited by BroncoBeavis; 08-22-2013 at 03:19 PM..