View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013, 06:10 AM   #1836
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I've been thinking about this, and I disagree that it would be anticlimactic. First of all, there's no promise that Jon Snow is coming back. Secondly, from everything I've read, The Prince Who Was Promised is not the same person as Azor Ahai. Thirdly, the story is chock full of red herrings, which is part of what makes it so good. And finally, I think it would be a huge climax to find out that Bran is the PwwP, and he started - I don't know - kicking ass through his warg abilities. I'm dying to know where this part (Bran) of the story is going.

I do like your theory on Jaime and Brienne though. And also, I don't take any theory too seriously - not even my own. I just like to explore the different possibilities. There is so much potential in this story still.
I still think the Bran idea is silly. The path that he's going down is an incredible one and already revealed. Making him PwwP/AA makes him far too much of a godlike Deus ex Machina for a Martin Story. A villain though... that fits a Martin story to a "T".

We still know next-to-nothing about the White Walkers other than "They are strange, beautiful...think, oh...the Sidhe made of ice, something like that...a different sort of life...inhuman, elegant, dangerous." Martin also confirmed that the White Walkers are not "dead", just an inhuman kind of life.

Bran being the Great Other would be an amazing twist. He's been lead to where he is by Bloodraven and Bloodraven only and its pretty damn likely that Bloodraven just fed him Jojen Reed.

I think the idea that the story isn't about Humans and Dragons vs Whitewalkers, but that it's the ancients versus Humans and that we'll see firsthand why the maesters killed off the dragons.

Also, Martin has a cool short story called the Ice Dragon that laid the template for a lot of elements he uses in the WW, etc. I'm very prepared for the others to have their own Dragon, maybe controlled through a near omniscient warg under a tree...

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncolife View Post
I think Snow is Azor Ahai. Once Melisandre realizes it, Stannis better watch out, because she going to suck all that kings blood out of him to awaken the stone dragon.
Certainly the odds on favorite considering the symbolism they shoved down our throats in his "murdering". It's interesting to note that all the AA symbols DO also fit Dany's coming.

I'd distribute the odds:

60% Jon Snow
30% Dany
10% Jaime
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote