Old 08-20-2013, 01:20 PM   #1832
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Bran is not and if Jon and Dany were huge red herrings, it would be super anticlimactic for the answer to be Bran.

Jaime, on the other hand, wouldn't be anti-climactic at all (I mean, how cool would be it be if in the trial by combat, Jaime runs Brienne through and creates Lightbringer?!?!). His story has been the greatest redemption story in the series thus far. Jaime might absolutely be a Targ since they allude that Aerys may have had liberties on the wedding night to Tywin, so Jaime is much more of a prince than Bran could possibly tie himself to at this point.

The closest plot twists you'll get with Bran are as either a Dragon "rider" via warging or as a possible candidate to be "The Great Other" (how cool would it be if "Winter Is Coming" was a threat and not a warning, all along?)
All very interesting points. I've considered that the twins were Targs myself, though Tywin's clear love for Jaime kind of shuttered that thought for me. I had often wondered if maybe Tyrion was a Targ, though that seems unlikely as well.

You're right that Bran being the PWWP would kind of screw up Jon Snow's storyline, but who knows if he's even coming back. I guess we all believe that he's going to get the kiss, or warg his way out of death somehow.

With any luck, we'll get the book next year... But how cool would it be if it was released this winter?
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote