View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 09:27 AM   #182
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Move those goalposts.

Pretty rich coming from the President of the Fan Club, with the name to boot.

To be honest with you, I'd love to set this whole back and forth aside. I'll admit that I went overboard for the kid. Probably some kind of 4th quarter adrenaline addiction I developed But I still hope that he somehow catches fire and makes something of himself in the league.

What I can't stand though is the jilted Ortboners trying to cover their own hopeless misguidedness by highlighting someone else's.

As we talked about in another thread. We've had plenty of QB failure over the last decade. Each one of those guys had their supporters. Not sure why the constant need to call out one group of them.
Fail. You treat this like its a zero sum game. While a few may have wanted to Kyle to start over Tebow, nobody was under the illusion that Kyle was anything more than a journeyman QB with Denver being a few year bump on an otherwise unremarkable career. Tebowites on the other hand thought he was the next coming of Elway and would rewrite history books and redefine the position. One group lukewarm and the other is extremely fervent and you want to label them as the same.

I didnt want Tebow from well before the draft. I also threw up in my mouth a bit the previous year when we traded for Orton. I am quite glad they are both gone. I suspect the majority fans you label "Ortboners" feel the same way.
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote