View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 02:12 PM   #31
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
"Beating the Commies" is not crap, it was the bread and butter of US foreign policy for decades. Immoral acts in the Cold War? Yeah - narcotics trafficking.
You're a dishonest turd, because you know you can't be honest and make your arguments work. You have to tell (at best) half-truths. You know it, I know it, and everyone else here knows it.

Drop the juvenile bull - GTFU and quit being so blatantly unprincipled.

The sole thing the US did during the Cold War that you find wrong is drug trafficking? Everything else was A-OK and right and moral and good? That's utter rubbish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk
Your problem is that you continue to blanket indict the US government for interventions and actions it took to justifiably stop the USSR from gaining a foothold outside its sphere of power without bothering to look at the context and background of them.
Realpolitik strikes again. So long as the USSR was in **** 10 feet deep, we could sink to 9 feet 11 and 63/64ths inches and be the Good Guys.

We shoulda nuked Moscow sometime between '46 and '48, eh?

Quote:
As far as morals go, I don't see how anyone can make a moral argument against the US stepping in in Syria to stop that government from invading Israel, knowing what would happen to the population of Israel had the invasion been successful. Hitler treated them better than what they would have suffered at the hands of those people. Every single Jew in that country would have been butchered within a week. Period.
Thanks for the hyperbole.

Quote:
I didn't realize that resisting Marxist revolutionary movements backed by the USSR and Jew-hating nut jobs was a violation of American ideals. I stand corrected.
It was some of the things we did we in pursuit of those goals that were far below our ideals as nation. Do you honestly believe that absolutely every action undertaken by the US during the Cold War was moral and good? Every single one?

Quote:
How on earth am I remotely fascist? I think I'd at least to have to admire people like Hitler and Mussolini first. If letting Jews be butchered is moral, why am I the one being called a fascist here?
Should the US have allied itself with Hitler before Nazi Germany invaded the USSR, because the USSR was the greater evil? Why not?

The defense of Israel is Israel's job, not ours. That doesn't mean I want Jews slaughtered. What an incredibly simplistic and dumbass belief. Typical of you, though.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote