View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 11:29 AM   #15
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Just easy to notice how these things are deemed not worthy to discuss or be upset about when a democrat is in the WH. Instead the usual suspects just make ad hominem attacks on posters, while stating in other posts they never do such things of course. Whenever stories like this came out when Bush was in the WH, it was "evidence" of how out of control government was and it was all a republican take over of everyone's lives, etc. Now it's a no biggie. NSA. IRS. Patriot Act. Now these things are cool and necessary, since 2009 of course. One really has to dumb down to think like these people or make sense of their "logic."
True enough. I recall in the summer of 2008 liberals cackling about how Bush was a "war criminal" and would be brought up on charges when Obama gets in office. These were the same people who howled - following media coverage of the time - about how scandalous it was how high the military suicide rate and use of drone attacks killing innocents were under Bush. But come swearing in day, they fell silent and Obama didn't lift a finger.

Unfortunately they forget their rightful howling about the Patriot Act, domestic spying, and the creation of the DHS silenced for good the second Obama was sworn in.

I never voted Obama but I had at least hoped these ridiculous programs would be gotten rid of... not expanded. I had hoped the cloud had some sort of silver lining, but it didn't.