Old 08-17-2013, 09:52 AM   #54
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
To me all a few more people in a league do is promote the value of trading to fill gaps. Instead of hanging on to three WR and two TE starters in a 2 WR, 1 TE league flip one after the bye week to shore up a hole or even an impending bye week hole at RB.

This league going to a FFWC format of 1 QB, 2 RB, 3WR, 1 TE, and 2 flex (1 RB/WR, 1 RB/WR/TE) will have way more impact on the talent pool than the number of players. 14 people just means there are two more people who you can try to work something out with to fill holes, because even a 12 person by FFWC will see you starting situational/split duty guys in your flex spots. That is the entire reason FFWC exists, it takes a lot of the dumb luck out of hitting on that year's best producers and instead requires showing up weekly and finding good back of the lineup options.

I personally have found fantasy leagues with an active trade market far more stimulating and competitive than ones that have little player to player transactions, and both a 14 player count and FFWC format will promote that.

This assumes we're sticking with the FFWC format the league is currently set up with (which I think is cool by the way, it puts the onus on finding good #3 WRs and flex options instead of hitting on the right QB, RB1, WR1 trio that you can ride to an easy W most weeks).

I have noticed that TSI has chosen to hamstring my constant waiver scrounging with a two transaction per week limit though. Very sneaky TSI, very sneaky.
WTG TSI, love ya for hamstringing Drek!

Now can you do it to the rest? My season last year SUCKED.

Hey guys, I hate 14 too. Part of this is my fault, I looked at the league, saw the 10th and 11th spots had been taken and stupidly assumed it was Drek and STG. I invited a friend about 2 weeks ago, TSI approved this, then friend took his time getting in. Told him only one slot left. Friend, Drek and STG must have all been paying at the same time and trying to get in. But if they had both gotten in we'd still need another anywa. So 14 it is I'd rather have Drek and STG playing and hate the 14 than not have them playing. Nice to have STG back around.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote