View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 07:40 AM   #53
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
14 teams. Ugghh. We're going to be drafting guys like Tim Tebow in the 5th round. Severely diluted talent pool.
To me all a few more people in a league do is promote the value of trading to fill gaps. Instead of hanging on to three WR and two TE starters in a 2 WR, 1 TE league flip one after the bye week to shore up a hole or even an impending bye week hole at RB.

This league going to a FFWC format of 1 QB, 2 RB, 3WR, 1 TE, and 2 flex (1 RB/WR, 1 RB/WR/TE) will have way more impact on the talent pool than the number of players. 14 people just means there are two more people who you can try to work something out with to fill holes, because even a 12 person by FFWC will see you starting situational/split duty guys in your flex spots. That is the entire reason FFWC exists, it takes a lot of the dumb luck out of hitting on that year's best producers and instead requires showing up weekly and finding good back of the lineup options.

I personally have found fantasy leagues with an active trade market far more stimulating and competitive than ones that have little player to player transactions, and both a 14 player count and FFWC format will promote that.

This assumes we're sticking with the FFWC format the league is currently set up with (which I think is cool by the way, it puts the onus on finding good #3 WRs and flex options instead of hitting on the right QB, RB1, WR1 trio that you can ride to an easy W most weeks).

I have noticed that TSI has chosen to hamstring my constant waiver scrounging with a two transaction per week limit though. Very sneaky TSI, very sneaky.

Last edited by Drek; 08-17-2013 at 07:44 AM..
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote