View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 01:48 PM   #1
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default Thank You Orangemane

As you guys know, almost exactly one year ago (mid-August), I published a memoir book that benefits a very, very important charity: the Children of Fallen Patriots. This is a charity that provides education, counseling, etc to the children of military service members who gave their lives to this country.

As someone who deployed to Iraq during it's bloodiest era (mid 2004) with an infant (my daughter was only a few months old), this charity hits me on an extremely personal level.

This past Friday, I was able to spend the day volunteering with them and really understand the full scope of their work. I did a lot of data entry, but it definitely hit me that every slip of paper represented worlds of pain and misfortune that I, fortunately, can't even begin to fathom. They also were able to stress and show me the impact the surprising success my book has made for them on both awareness and finances. And for that, I thank you guys more than you'll ever know.

MANY of you have taken the time to write PMs telling me your own stories, or relating mine to your life, or telling me about your own struggles with loss, and for it, I'm forever indebted to those of you. I'd also never publicly share your stories, so I wanted to make a full thread where I really stress both my appreciation for your support and the good it has done for the CFPF.

So in an incredibly rare moment of sincerity, guys and girls, thank you all.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links