Old 07-27-2013, 09:03 AM   #159
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalBronco7 View Post
You the man Hobo, thanks for all the reporting.

Heres my personal thoughts on a couple things that some people are discussing.

Scootin Bruton is running with the first team because of seniority and the inability of anyone able to earn a starting spot, not because hes the best option. Adams, Carter or Jammer will be the starting SS unless somebody comes out of nowhere.

Hillman stands little chance of being the opening day starter. Hes not an every down back in the NFL. Ball will start, and if for some wild reason he isnt able to secure the job, Moreno will start (and then probably break his leg).

I cannot ever buy completely into the Julius Thomas hype. Julius Thomas is at best the backup TE, ahead of Tamme. Thomas hasnt shown an ability to block, and he wont be there on early downs. Dressen is a good blocker and adequate short yardage, possession TE, and thats why hes starting game 1. Regardless, the Broncos will take a committee approach. Virgil Green makes the team because he is too valuable to drop.
I think the Broncos are doing a lot of mixing and matching right to see if David Beckham can be a starter. Thursday I saw DB at both SS and FS. He has the physical tools to play the spot, but does he have football smarts or instincts to play the spot? We'll see.

As for J Thomas, don't get me wrong the kids got talent. But because hes been sidelined for so long with injury his progress isn't were a third year play should be. I mean he catches everything thrown his way and he has a natural way of getting open. However, his route running is rounded off a little bit and has trouble finding the soft spot in zone coverage.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote