View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 10:21 AM   #41
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkemical View Post
http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/defau...ying%20ROI.jpg

The ROI on lobbyists doesn't make me feel that the subsidies are in the publics best interest. Anyone who is a free market person would be making a poor argument for giving redistribution of wealth to a profitable enterprise. That's a bad platform to support.

What i'm looking for is trying to find the # of how much the subsidies influence pricing: Pump price, transportation costs, packaging (plastics that are petrol based), etc.

PS: the subsidies for farms, has to do with ethanol. Which relates back to the problem of monoculture. You do realize also, that most pesticides and fertilizers that are chemical in large ag use are petrol derived? Which further questions the use of subsidized petrol.
Not sure where you keep coming up with the subsidy angle. As I just finished pointing out. There really is no federal subsidy for big oil. The government buying oil for its own strategic purposes is not a subsidy to oil companies. The government waiving (transportation) taxes on farmers (for uses unrelated to publicly-funded transportation) is not a subsidy to oil companies. The government subsidizing energy costs for poor people is not a subsidy to big oil.

Where are you getting all these subsidies?