Thread: Party of repeal
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 12:57 PM   #6
B-Large

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
It's mind boggling. One of the most pressing, economic issues in the country (in the world, really) and the Right not only refuses to offer a solution, but will use all their energy to destroy any solution anybody else comes up with, even if it came from one of their own think tanks. These guys are starting to remind me of the Taliban. At their essence is a single dogma: Destroy the U.S. government. At all costs.
So you're a Buffalo kid as well?

R, I can't understand why Republicans, meaning voters, aren't tired of the Healthcare **** with the GOP. The uninsured, pre-exsiting condition and too poor to afford group are not all Democrats or tree hugging liberals... these are other conservatives, their family members, freinds, etc... why is it so terrible that every American should have to carry heath coverage? The GOP infuriates me right now, I get it you want small government and I don't disgree with alot of it, but does that mean we can't as a nation solve any problems?

I mean ACA was projected to cost 1T of 8 years, right (I take out the 2 year ramp up, nto benefit period to be fair)? A little more than $100B a year for this program when our total government outlays are 3-4 Trillion? Puh-Leez- t have millions of Amerians be able to get coverage and not live in fear of losing a job and coverage would be a big win for everybody.