View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 05:42 PM   #9
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
Phil is now on list of 14 guys to win 5 Majors throughout time. I can't express to you how awesome this is. He might not win another one, which made today really special. Only Tom Watson winning a few years ago would have ever been better. Congrats Phil. You're one of the greatest ever.
Having won the British Open today, I think this now propels Phil into a US Open or bust mentality, in order to complete his career grand slam. We all know how well he plays in the US Open, having come in 2nd place like 5 or 6 times now. And now with winning that tournament that we all and even himself thought was really not going to happen, he's got to be even more motivated now to get that US Open.

He really is one of the greatest of all time. I mean, he's got 5 majors and he's absolutely thrown away 2, which he should honestly have at minimum 7.

I don't think he's done though. He's got so much skill and his power isn't showing any signs of slowing or fading. I'd say he's got another good 4 or 5 years at which he can play excellent golf every year.

I think he'll end up with 6, maybe 7 but no more and no less.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote