View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 08:18 AM   #469
Dean
Solid Starter

I realize that this is Bleacher Report but it indicates that Clady has a decent shot at earning the bonus bucks.

NFL
Predicting the 2013 NFL All-Pro Team
By
Matt Miller
(NFL Draft Lead Writer) on July 15, 2013

Offensive Tackles

First Team: Ryan Clady, Denver Broncos; Duane Brown, Houston Texans

If I could start an NFL franchise with any left tackle currently in the league, Duane Brown and Ryan Clady would be my first two picks.

When looking at elite pass-protectors and run-blockers that produce big plays, Brown and Clady are some of the best in the game. Each is among the best at what they're asked to do—Clady as a blindside protector and Brown as an elite mover in the zone-blocking scheme. With each player on a team that's expected to produce a ton of yards and points in the 2013 season, they will be even more visible and more praised following the season.

Second Team: Joe Thomas, Cleveland Browns; Joe Staley, San Francisco 49ers

You could make an argument that Joe Thomas is the best all-around offensive tackle in the NFL—I wouldn't fight you on that. So why isn't Thomas a first-team tackle? The offense he plays in is an enormous question mark heading into the season, and if the team struggles, Thomas is unlikely to get a first-team mention.

Joe Staley found his groove after Week 1 last season and simply dominated from there on. He's emerged as one of the game's best power tackles, showing the quickness and strength needed to play well in both the run and passing games. And with the 49ers picked by many to make a Super Bowl appearance, his play will get a boost from the success of his team.
Share Tweet G+
Flag Article
More Articles You'll Like

Every NFL Team's Secret Weapon Every NFL Team's Secret Weapon
Rookie Impersonates Kaepernick Rookie Impersonates Kaepernick
Worst Front Offices in the NFL Today Worst Front Offices in the NFL Today

Bleacher Report.com

Turner

Copyright © 2013 Bleacher Report, Inc. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. All Rights Reserved. BleacherReport.com is part of Bleacher Report - Turner Sports Network, part of the Turner Sports and Entertainment Network.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
That is ALL PRO... meaning he has to be judged as the best LT in the NFL. That might be pretty hard considering a certain LT in Cleveland wins it year in and out.
Dean is offline   Reply With Quote