View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 09:34 AM   #410
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Now you're just making things up. I just re-looked at the game log to see what he did. 3 runs that resulted in 1st downs and one of them was towards the end of the 4th quarter when we ran out the clock and the Ravens were playing prevent d expecting us to pass.

He got stuffed numerous times with one and two yards to go for a first down, including at key points at the end of the 3rd quarter and in OT.

Please give me examples of those "big runs", cause I'm just not seeing it.
25 touches (including receptions) for 103 yards total. While he wasn't a gamebreaker, it was a good, solid performance from the youngest player in the NFL. And yes, he did have some big runs, in traffic, in the 2nd half. Hillman was able to pick up a first down on the last drive of the game. He did his job, unfortunately McCoy's playcalling was abysmal.

Hillman's only problem was that he was the ONLY Broncos RB available in the 2nd half who could put up decent rushes. That certainly limited his effectiveness as the game wore on, but he still played solid for the duration.

Hillman's performance during the Ravens game proved a lot to me, and to the entire Broncos front office who have praised him this offseason for his game against the Ravens. So yeah, you might want to get your eyes checked.

Last edited by pricejj; 07-14-2013 at 09:38 AM..
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote