View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 09:35 AM   #469
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
That's an assumption. We don't know who instigated the physical conflict. Zimmerman's testimony is that he lost Martin and was returning to his car when he was attacked. The police saw no evidence to the contrary.

On that call he also said, "We've had some break-ins in my neighborhood, and there's a real suspicious guy." Then he said the guy was "just walking around looking about" in the rain and then said, "This guy looks like he is up to no good or he is on drugs or something."

I watch the video of Martin at the store and think the same thing. Look how long it takes him to get the money out of his pocket? Watch the body language of the store clerk.
I'm not assuming anything. The two keys pieces that IMO make this voluntary manslaughter are the 9-11 call which establishes Zimmerman's frame of mind ("these a-holes they always get away") and then the fact that Zimmerman got out of his car and pursued on foot. If he'd stayed in his car, I could buy that he was just trying to track him for the police. But what was the point of getting out of his car? Had he found Martin, was he going to try and physically restrain him (maybe that's what happened...no witnesses saw who started the fight, so we only have Zimmerman's word that he was "jumped")? Pull the gun on him and make him wait for the cops? Either way, it's stretching credulity to suggest that Zimmerman just wanted to track Martin when he could have just as easily and (more importantly) safely done so in his vehicle.

Last edited by BroncoInferno; 07-12-2013 at 09:37 AM..
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote