View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 05:59 AM   #150
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

When my wife and I were arguing about whether or not I was going to get a gun, she said, "I just couldn't live with myself if anyone in our family got hurt because we had a gun in the house." I replied with, "I couldn't live with myself if anyone in our family got hurt because we DIDN'T have a gun in the house."

This letter sums up my feelings.....

I Donít Love Guns. I Just LOVE What My Gun ProtectsÖ
Written by by Tim Schmidt on October 1, 2011.

I guess that headline isnít 100 percent true, because I really do love guns. The point Iím trying to make here is that many people forget that the firearm is only a tool. Itís simply a means to an end. I carry a gun because itís one of the most effective tools that Iím aware of for self-defense.

I carry a gun because Iíve made the personal decision that the person who is 100 percent responsible for the safety of my loved ones is named Tim Schmidt. I carry a gun because I donít think Iíd be able to live with myself if I was ever in a situation where I couldnít protect my wife and kids. I carry a gun because it is one of the many personal protection layers that Iíve created for myself. I carry a gun because while I expect and hope for good and perfect outcomes, I understand that evil will always exist in our world. I carry a gun because my daughter and my wife each believe that no matter what happens, her daddy and her husband will always be able to protect her. I carry a gun because I want to teach my kids that it will someday be their responsibility to protect their loved ones. I carry a gun because I LOVE life. I carry a gun because I am a responsibly armed citizen.

Tim Schmidt, President and CEO, USCCA
Tim Schmidt
Founder, US Concealed Carry, Inc.
Publisher, Concealed Carry Magazine
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote