View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 05:51 AM   #149
JLesSPE
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
If you and your wife drink, if you have little kids or a teenage boy or if you have anger issues my gun reccomendation would be do not buy a gun because the odds are a 100 times greater this gun will be used to kill someone you know as opposed to an intruder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
That is true, but how many alcoholics own guns, how many people with little kids and teenage boys own guns? As far as I know the list of murders by bat is very few there were 32,000 people killed in 2012 by guns. People just need to be aware of the fact that a burgler coming into your house and harming you or your family is very rare and you need to be aware of what kind of environment you are bringing this gun into.

That is all I am saying. Look at your house and if it is a safe place to have a gun. I have always had guns in my house but they are not there for my protection of a burgler. They are up in the attic locked away.
First of all, in one post you say "If you and your wife drink" and then support that with "how many alcoholics own guns..." in the next one. People that drink are not necessarily alcoholics. That was a blind leap to strengthen your point.

Secondly, "As far as I know the list of murders by bat is very few there were 32,000 people killed in 2012 by guns." is incredibly sloppy debate. You can't post a number for one statistic and an assumption for the other. You may be right, but certainly didn't prove it there.

You also say "if you have little kids or a teenage boy or if you have anger issues my gun reccomendation would be do not buy a gun..." While the anger issues point is valid the fact that one has little kids or a teenage boy is irrelevant. Responsible people SHOULD(opinion) have a gun if they have children (regardless or age or sex). More importantly they at least should not be disallowed from owning a gun. If you find yourself important enough to protect I would think you would find your children important enough to protect.

Oh and just for fun: "...because the odds are a 100 times greater this gun will be used to kill someone you know as opposed to an intruder." 78% of all statistics are made up.

If someone legitimately and honestly asks for advice from people they're inherently assuming that people who are knowledgeable on the subject will contribute valuable opinions. Don't be irresponsible and mindlessly throw things out there to suit your agenda.
JLesSPE is offline   Reply With Quote