View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 09:22 AM   #71
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoflcommish View Post
im seeing new mexican food being recommeneded..NO DONT DO IT!! Denver has nothing that compares to actual true new mexican food. the closest is probably jack and grill and that is not even a drop in the bucket to true new mexican food. Hacienda is great but compared to true new mexican they serve whole beans instead of refried thats where the similarities end.

i've tried most the "new mexican" resturants and none remotely compare. they may have the menu but not the taste, others have good taste but not the menu.

p.s.

maybe im just partial because i go to northern & central new mexico a few times a year and also get my families cooking from there as well.
I'm with you on the basic premise, and the only good New Mexican food I've found in Denver is Little Anita's... an Albuquerque-based company. But it's more fast-food counter service than an actual sit down. Still good though.

I get to Santa Fe and ABQ about once a quarter with some buddies to drink a **** ton of beer (Santa Fe Brewing is awesome; Marble and La Cumbre in ABQ are my favorites there) and taste the local fare, but I'm always on the hunt for new places to try. Any recommendations? We hit the Shed at least once a trip, as well as a handful of other places both on and off the square, but I want to try the best the state has to offer.