View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 01:59 PM   #278
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
You might have a point in some schools and situations. But generally the teachers at suburban schools are just mostly young women and mothers from the community. They don't have some "union liberal" mentality. That's just silly. They're only in the union because they have to be. As I said, far more likely that a Catholic school would have a "conservative" lean (since probably close to 100% of them do) than a public school a "liberal" lean. I think my point clearly stands, and you made no good argument to the contrary.
Things certainly are different down there than they are up here than, up here the teachers unions have gotten the liberals elected for the last 10 years, we have campaign spending limits, but they don't apply to people not campaigning, so guess who the unions run adds for ? Oddly enough in the same 10 years the teachers have seen salaries go up by more than at any other time in history.

My wife is a catholic school teacher, and both of us went to catholic school, our kids are being raised catholic although we are not practicing. if that makes sense.

Also our conservatives don't bring bible stuff into the political forum, we aren't as extreme as you guys, actually the Canadian conservative would probably be considered a democrat in the states.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote