View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 07:50 AM   #267
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Hey BMore, looked into that Rodgers thing I told you about but didnt have time to dig up. This is the closest I could find but it must be a different interview because he didnt have Peyton in his top 5 for the other one:

On his top five quarterbacks (not including himself):

Tom Brady is the best by far. Its not even close. Drew Brees has got to be right there. Tony Romos a good player. Ill take Philip Rivers there. And Peyton, hes right there. No order except for Tom being the best. He does things that other guys cant do. His pocket presence is better than those guys by far. He throws a better ball than just about all those guys. Hes a winner better than all those guys.

http://sportsradiointerviews.com/201...r-is-terrible/
Thanks for digging that up Rev. The interesting part about that is the date when this happened, June 2010. I wouldn't argue Tom or Drew on that list, and Rodgers credentials seem to put alot of emphasis on altheticism and ARM strength. Obviously Peyton's greatest attribute is his brain, but that could also aid in a longer career! Father time catches up with everyone and diminishes physical skills, but Manning just continues to display his vast wealth of knowledge.