Old 07-05-2013, 01:00 PM   #60
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Let's face it, when it comes to cuisine, Colorado is a backwater. You can't even get a good plate of fish and chips in this state. I've lived in L.A., Miami and NY. In those places the problem was selecting where you wanted to go out of a hundred great choices. Here, it's trying to find at least one place that might be acceptable.
This is true.

Everyplace has the chains now, outside of them though a lot of towns that I have lived in or around (I moved about a dozen times before I was in high school) always had a couple regional specialties that you could find.

I guess living in the Chicago burbs has spoiled me as well, Chicago has not only the great Deep dish pizza, even the thin cracker crust is good here, but we have the regional Brats, Italian Beefs (which are my personal favorites) and the Chicago dogs. Throw in the good strip mall mexican joints and you can eat something totally authentic and different every day for a couple weeks until you have to repeat. That is not throwing in the fancy stuff downtown. That is a whole other animal and price range.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote